Whenever you move, a lot more can change than just your address. In many cases your state and/or county income tax change as well.

Keeping that in mind, be advised that providing the Fund office with your new address does not automatically change your monthly state and/or county withholdings being withdrawn from your monthly pension benefit. To do that will require you to complete and submit a new Form WH-4P.

Note: Whatever county withholding changes you make in a calendar year will always take effect on the 1st of January of the following year. Strange, but nevertheless true. For whatever reason the state prohibits changes in tax reporting during any other time of the year. Yes, you read that correctly. The Indiana department of revenue actually mandates this. I guess the state just wants your tax dollars to remain hard at work in the county where you used to reside for just a little bit longer.

Of course, participants can compensate for this by increasing or decreasing their withholdings by completing a new WH-4P form.

To obtain this form, please call the Fund office at 219-940-6181 or access the Pension Withholding Change Form-Retiree Only from the Plan’s website at